30.11.2021 / GPLRACER 65 / Race 20 / Cognac Airfield 1967 (cognac)

Moderator: Paul Skingley

Leon Forst
Chef-Fahrer
Chef-Fahrer

Re: 30.11.2021 / GPLRACER 65 / Race 20 / Cognac Airfield 1967 (cognac)

Beitrag von Leon Forst »

More than damage limitation after two mistakes was not possible. I couldn't find a real rhythm and didn't concentrate enough.

Congratulations to Keni on the championship and to all who finished.
If you’re in control, you’re not going fast enough.

— Parnelli Jones
Stefan Roess
Site Admin
Site Admin

Beitrag von Stefan Roess »

Hi all,

sorry, that I didn`t show up or post anything.

I was just too knocked out for the race and fell asleep on the couch. I hadn't slept much the night before and I even went to the gym before the race, which I had planned to do with my neighbour and didn't want to cancel, even though I was so knocked out.

Well, unfortunately I slept through the last 65 race. :lol: :roll:

But I'll definitely be back for the last 55 race, rested and fit. :D

Cheers
Stefan
Bastian Grupp
Chef-Fahrer
Chef-Fahrer

Beitrag von Bastian Grupp »

nice track but dangerous.
i tried to keep it clean, but one big mistake threw me back.

thx for the season !
Patcornu
Chef-Fahrer
Chef-Fahrer

Beitrag von Patcornu »

A good last race for me, although I would not have had a victory this year in 65. :crying-yellow: ;)

This time, it was Piero who was untouchable, I managed to stick to him for 4 laps, then I gradually lost direct contact. But it was also necessary to watch Paul who remained very close behind me ...!
Really sorry Paul for the touch, I didn't think you were going to insist next door, the main thing is that you didn't have any damage.

Congratulations again to Piero, a solid race and an absolutely impressive practice time! :clap:

Thank you to everyone and to the organizers for this season, where I discovered mode 65, it was very fun and informative!
Pedro
Chef-Fahrer
Chef-Fahrer

Beitrag von Pedro »

Congratulations to Piero, Patric and Paul, and Keni for taking the Championship.

Nice track and race.
Laurent was faster so let him go by hoping for a mistake :roll:

Thanks for racing.

And a big thanks to GPLRACER admins for organising and hosting.
pmercal
Chef-Fahrer
Chef-Fahrer

Beitrag von pmercal »

First of all, I would like to thank the organizers for Hosting and for all the efforts they make for our enjoyment .. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Then I want to congratulate Keni who gave us a lesson in skill and deserved to win, :text-bravo:
I hope he is not bored to race alone or almost and that next year he will be with us again.
Congratulations to Paul fast and reliable on his second place. :auto-rally:
Happy that my brother's lazy one has arrived on the podium in third place ...:greetings-clappingorange:
really a pity that he trains only the day before the race, he could be faster but I should learn from him in terms of strategy he is better than me ..
Excellent 4th place finish for Anders :clap:
I just had to try to finish 5th and the duel for most of the Cognac race with Pat was very fun, hard and fair. Bravo Pat.

The car was fine, I was regular and I enjoyed it ... like in the whole Championship.

Thank you all

Piero
Stefan Roess
Site Admin
Site Admin

Here are the
Final Results Cup 65 2021
viewtopic.php?f=91&t=464

:clap:
Stefan Roess
Site Admin
Site Admin

RACE VIDEO
30.11.2021 / GPLRACER 65 / Race 20 / Cognac Airfield 1967 (cognac)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCq9raGlp7w

RACE VIDEO
07.12.2021 / GPLRACER 55 / Race 08 / Monza 10k (monza10k)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOWRgmtGgQw

These videos are now captured using the 77Dv3 No Letterbox patch, which removes the black bar on top of the screen.

When I do this, I no longer have stuttering when viewing a GPL replay. Apparently, the stuttering was caused by the text in the upper black bar (number of laps, position, lap time, speed, etc.). Unfortunately, this information is gone, but I have not yet found a solution other than removing the bar with the text information with the 77Dv3 No Letterbox patch.

To compensate for the missing information, I have added the race history (which can easily be exported as a text file from GPL Replay Analyzer) as scrolling text at the right side of the screen.
What do you think of this? Good, or better leave it out?

I also tried using the freeware text-to-speech programme "Balabolka" to create an MP3 file of the race history of the text file, which is then read out by a computer voice. It works, but on the one hand it doesn't sound very varied in the long run and is annoying, and on the other hand the text is read out faster than the race takes, even if I slow down the reading out.
So I came up with the idea of displaying the course of the race as scrolling text at the edge of the screen, which runs more or less at the same time as the race time.

I spent many hours trying to find a solution for the stuttering (different programmes for capturing, different capturing settings, etc. etc.), but it wasn't because of that, because the stuttering was already there when watching a GPL replay.
Finally, GPLaps (thanks!) gave me the tip that it could possibly be the text, because there have been problems with chat texts during races in the past.
Antworten

Zurück zu „65 F1 Veranstaltungen [65 F1 events]“