15.06.2021 / GPLRACER 65 / Race 11 / Jops Siffert Circuit (jops)

Moderator: Paul Skingley

KeniBlood
Chef-Fahrer
Chef-Fahrer

Re: 15.06.2021 / GPLRACER 65 / Race 11 / Jops Siffert Circuit (jops)

Beitrag von KeniBlood » Mi Jun 16, 2021 7:15 am

I set my best lap on qual, but like he did in most races, Piero set a very good lap at the end of the session and take the pole position. Close times with Pat and Raoni too... It should have been a close race with 4 cars fighting. At the start was lucky again and pass Piero on T1, and I try to be fast first laps to keep the group stretched, but I don't know what happened, but Piero spun on my back and Pat and him crashed and I opened a gap with Raoni.
I did some minor mistakes and the gap was close in some moments with Raoni, he was faster than me, but he did some mistake and move to 10 seconds behind me..

A shame for the fun, Im sorry if I disturb Piero on T3 and cause the accident, I need to look server replay.

Thanks for the race and championship! See you on next race :dance:

pmercal
Chef-Fahrer
Chef-Fahrer

Beitrag von pmercal » Mi Jun 16, 2021 10:23 am

In qualifying a bit of traffic and only at the end I managed to do a good lap that gave me pole

I did not know that starting from the pole you could not see the man and the flag of the start and once again I lost the first position .. :evil:
I didn't want to keep up with Keni and on the second lap with cold tires at T3 I went long and for fear of hitting Keni I went into a spin ..
Pat who was about a second found me at the corner exit and innocently hit me and my left front wheel came off.

I am very sorry especially for having ruined the race for my friend Pat .. I'm sorry I didn't want to :hand:
I'm also sorry because I was fast enough to play it but I got nervous about the bad start when I should have been calm and waiting.

Sorry to PAt
Congratulations to Keni and for the victory to Raoni and to Paul for the podium :clap:

Thanks to the organizers

Paul Skingley

Beitrag von Paul Skingley » Mi Jun 16, 2021 12:37 pm

Thanks all for racing.
I enjoyed the track even though it is fictional. It has a nice flow and a good look.

I started 6th and passed Anders and Raoni who made another of his bad starts but I was slow in T2 letting Raoni back through.

On lap 2 Piero spun and Pat could not avoid. I hit the brakes and found a gap.
Bad luck you two. Your cars seem attracted to each other this season.

With two of the front runners out I was now 3rd with Anders and Yannick behind.
I could not keep up with Raoni and soon came under pressure from Yannick who had passed Anders but then he had a spin and dropped back behind Anders only to fight his way back on to my tail.
Then I had a wobble at T1 and Yannick was through.
I could keep in touch and close up when he made mistakes but I was conscious of our last race and did not want contact with Yannick two races in a row.

We had completed over half the race when Yannick took too much dirt at T1 and spun.
Bad luck Yannick...... nice fight while it lasted.

With Yannick gone and Raoni out of sight my focus was on Anders who had matched my pace all through the race keeping me on my toes. Small mistakes from both of us meant the gap closed and opened between 1-2 seconds but Anders could not quite get close enough to try a pass.

So started 6th and finished 3rd is not bad but I was never in contention for the win.

Well done Keni and Raoni for the top spots.
Sorry to those that had incidents and DNF.

Thanks to GPLRACER for organising and hosting.

See you next race.
To finish first, first you have to finish.

Patcornu
Chef-Fahrer
Chef-Fahrer

Beitrag von Patcornu » Mi Jun 16, 2021 1:43 pm

I am repeating my comment with a clear head this time ... sorry.
I don't blame my friend Piero, it's just bad luck, I chose the wrong side to pass, I thought he would end his spin to the right of the track ... missed.
It's a shame, because I was following very easily, and I think it would have been a good battle, with Raoni too.
It was especially in qualifying that I was not happy, every time I was going to have a good time, I ran into traffic, and I was surely going to take pole on my last lap because the first 3 partials were perfect for 28 "20, unfortunately Pedro, who was in the grass at the penultimate turn, takes the track back on my line ... lap screwed.

It is true that our cars must be magnetized with Piero ...!

Well done to Keni, once again lucky.

roo
Chef-Fahrer
Chef-Fahrer

Beitrag von roo » Mi Jun 16, 2021 2:40 pm

Very unprepared for the race, I tried to keep out of everyone's way, but had a close call when I spun at the last turn and Paul and Anders were about to lap me. Thankfully it turned out ok, but it was close. Sorry guys.
Got lucky when I spun over the crest and into the fence. Happy to have made it to the end of the race again. It was tough, dripping with sweat at the end. It was 31° in my race room under the roof :oops:

Grats podium. Thanks all for racing and thanks to admins for hosting.

andersoe

Beitrag von andersoe » Mi Jun 16, 2021 7:40 pm

Was behind Raoni on the grid and passed him before T1, got a little bit to close to Pat in T1 so I had to correct my line and got sideways, lost some speed and a couple of positions.
Passed Marco between T1 and T2 on the 2nd lap and then I almost hit Pat that was upside down in T3.
Watched Paul and Yannicks fight from a short distance for some laps until Yannick spun in T2 and he was then behind me. Yannick was a little bit faster and overtook me after a couple of laps. The following ten laps I watch Paul and Yannicks fight once again, then Yannick goes off in T1 and I can close in on Paul, follow him close all the way to the checkered flag but I was never close enough to challenge Paul for the position.
I (we) got a real scare with a few laps to go when Roo spun in front of us in the tight Moser turn, not much between us when I went on the outside.
4th is much more then I expected for, but better drivers were unfortunate and had DNF's.

Congratulations to the podium finishers.
Thanks to GPLRacer for organising.

Anders

Stefan Roess
Site Admin
Site Admin

Beitrag von Stefan Roess » Mi Jun 16, 2021 11:49 pm

RACE VIDEO
15.06.2021 / GPLRACER 65 / Race 11 / Jops Siffert Circuit (jops)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGKhCCaZjAE

The credits at the end show the results according to GPL Replay Analyser and (NEW!) Rpy Dump Utility (rpydump-0.6.4-win32).

Stefan Roess
Site Admin
Site Admin

Beitrag von Stefan Roess » Do Jun 17, 2021 7:28 pm

The Watkins Glen (67x mod) and Jops (65 mod) videos are now completely online. I had apparently set the PC off time too early last night when I went to bed, which meant that these two videos were not yet completely uploaded to YouTube.

The quality of the above videos and that of Estoril (65 mod) on YouTube is good, but it was better on my previous videos. On my PC, however, the quality is razor sharp. I will try slightly different settings for the next video (created with Shotcut), which YouTube can probably process better.

andersoe

Beitrag von andersoe » Do Jun 17, 2021 8:49 pm

Thank you Stefan.

Anders

pmercal
Chef-Fahrer
Chef-Fahrer

Beitrag von pmercal » Fr Jun 18, 2021 6:04 pm

I looked at the reply better and Pat is right to say that the double withdrawal could have been avoided .. Too bad
On this track starting from the Pole Position you can hardly see the start man and not the flag ... ?? :think: :doh:
It depends on my FOV settings .. I use 78

Ciao :greetings-wavegreen:
Piero

Antworten

Zurück zu „65 F1 Veranstaltungen [65 F1 events]“