GPL does not start

Moderator: Paul Skingley

Leon Forst
Chef-Fahrer
Chef-Fahrer

GPL does not start

Beitrag von Leon Forst »

Hey all,

Maybe someone can help me. When I want to get into the main game via GEM using the green GPL button at the bottom right, it doesn't get into the game at all. So how to find player info, options, replays, etc. Shortly black screen and then I am thrown back to GEM. However, in the 66 mod everything works. F2, 67s etc just this problem. I didn't change anything, Thursday everything worked, Friday morning it started doing this. When joining via iGOR the same. It doesn't come into the main game at all to connect to the server.

Would appreciate any feedback.

Greetings
Leon
If you’re in control, you’re not going fast enough.

— Parnelli Jones
Fabian
Chef-Fahrer
Chef-Fahrer

Re: GPL does not start

Beitrag von Fabian »

I would start out with deleting (or move away) the GPL Exe's in the .../GPL main folder. Thus forcing GEM to re-create the Exe's.
For example the gplc65.exe, gpln65.exe and so on.

Obviously DON'T delete gpl.exe in the process.... ;)

see if it helps and come back if it doesn't.
gl
Leon Forst
Chef-Fahrer
Chef-Fahrer

Beitrag von Leon Forst »

Unfortunately no success. Only the 66 mod works without problems

— Parnelli Jones
Paul Skingley

Beitrag von Paul Skingley »

Could it be a windows update that has disabled the gpl exes from running ?
To finish first, first you have to finish.
Fabian
Chef-Fahrer
Chef-Fahrer

Beitrag von Fabian »

not sure I understand which mod is affected. But you say the 67 standard works?

Let me go to the very, very basic: if you run GPL.exe (i.e. without starting via GEM), does the game work as it should (could be graphics & settings are weird but doesn't matter as long as you get to the menu and on track)
--> sometimes the GPL.exe can get corrupted over the years...

oh yea, speaking of track. did you try it with different tracks? maybe you keep trying with the same track, which does not work somehow.
Select in GEM a track you know that worked with the 66 mod. Normally if the track is somehow buggy, the error should appear after it started the menu screen but just make sure to test it also with a different track (with one of the standard track preferably).

try this and we will proceed to fix.
Leon Forst
Chef-Fahrer
Chef-Fahrer

Beitrag von Leon Forst »

Fabian hat geschrieben: Mo Sep 20, 2021 5:51 pm not sure I understand which mod is affected. But you say the 67 standard works?

Let me go to the very, very basic: if you run GPL.exe (i.e. without starting via GEM), does the game work as it should (could be graphics & settings are weird but doesn't matter as long as you get to the menu and on track)
--> sometimes the GPL.exe can get corrupted over the years...

oh yea, speaking of track. did you try it with different tracks? maybe you keep trying with the same track, which does not work somehow.
Select in GEM a track you know that worked with the 66 mod. Normally if the track is somehow buggy, the error should appear after it started the menu screen but just make sure to test it also with a different track (with one of the standard track preferably).

try this and we will proceed to fix.
The 66 mod is not a problem. The tracks and everything else work. Only the 67, 65, and the F2 mod do not work. I want to enter the game via GEM and it crashes before it gets to the menu.
@Paul: How can a Windows update affect anything there?
Zuletzt geändert von Leon Forst am Sa Okt 02, 2021 3:43 pm, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

— Parnelli Jones
Paul Skingley

Hi Leon, sorry you are still having trouble with GPL

The reason I mentioned the Windows update is that I saw something similar at SRMZ where Win 10 was stopping some applications from running.
The guy found the solution and fixed it. I have looked for the post but I can't find it at the moment.

Can you start the exes in question directly from your GPL folder without Gem ?
Leon Forst
Chef-Fahrer
Chef-Fahrer

Beitrag von Leon Forst »

Paul Skingley hat geschrieben: Sa Okt 02, 2021 12:35 pm Hi Leon, sorry you are still having trouble with GPL

The reason I mentioned the Windows update is that I saw something similar at SRMZ where Win 10 was stopping some applications from running.
The guy found the solution and fixed it. I have looked for the post but I can't find it at the moment.

Can you start the exes in question directly from your GPL folder without Gem ?
Paul, I tried to start via the GPL.exe file, but then the menu of the 66 mod opens.
It seems to me that only the 66 mod exists for the game.

— Parnelli Jones
Paul Skingley

After you started the gpl.exe did it work or crashed again ?

in your gpl folder do you have a gplc67.exe ? if so try stating that from the gpl folder.
Leon Forst
Chef-Fahrer
Chef-Fahrer

Beitrag von Leon Forst »

Paul Skingley hat geschrieben: Sa Okt 02, 2021 4:20 pm After you started the gpl.exe did it work or crashed again ?

in your gpl folder do you have a gplc67.exe ? if so try stating that from the gpl folder.
When I open the gpl.exe file, I get into the 66 mod. With the gplc67 file GPL crashes.

— Parnelli Jones
Antworten

Zurück zu „GPL Technik [GPL engineering]“